"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

What If We Don't Stop Exisiting?

If I am just my brain and everything I'm thinking and doing is chemistry, I want to know that.
I'm not trying to hide from that. 
I mean the the big issue is not "if you're going to stop existing". If you're going to stop existing you're out. It's like going to the dentist, it's unpleasant for a while but it'll be over. The real problem comes if you're not going to stop existing."

- Dallas Willard 

No comments: