"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Not Models - Follow The Modeler

"When you change the question, you change everything. When you change the question, you change the playing field, you change the mission field. AquaChurch 2.0 changes the question from “Where is my map?” to “Where is God calling me to navigate my life and my ministry?” The top challenge of leadership is this: How do you get people to ask new questions, to think in different ways? To navigate your church in the rapids of a fluid culture, forget the maps other people have drawn."

- Leonard Sweet. AquaChurch 2.0

No comments: