"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

I Didn't Easily Believe

"... but none of the mottos or formulas seemed to work for me...

My doubt was not primarily about ideas. It was that I doubted that the system worked at all. From the pulpit, at the conferences, and on the television, the language was so triumphal. Believe this in your life will be full of Peace, Hope, joy, and purpose. Just trust God and he will do the rest. I didn't believe these preachers anymore."

- Tony Kriz. Aloof. 

No comments: