"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Friday, August 26, 2016

The Sahara Is Tough

"I grew up in Libya in abundance and I believed my people lived in similar conditions. My father never told me.

This is pure hunger. Life in the Sahara is hard. It's tough even for the young people so how can the elderly take it?

I can't  stand the way my people are living here. People here can't even bathe. There is no light or electricity. No phone network to stay in contact with the world.

At night it is really cold here. People living in this desert are constantly getting sick.
A lot of illness. They don't have hospitals,  they don't have medical tests.

People get used to it but my God this Sahara is tough. This Sahara is tough.

(Mahamad Hassan Tuareg in Sahara Desert)

No comments: