"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Sunday, October 25, 2015

When I Don't Want To Fight Your Battles

"He nevertheless meets people who ask him to fight battles that are not his own, on battlefields that he does not know, or which do not interest him. They want to involve the Warrior of the Light in contests that are important to them, but not to him.

(Paulo Coelho. Warrior Of The Light : Short Notes On Accepting Failure, Embracing Life....)

About where I'm at the last decade. These other things are good too, just not my battle, not my interest, not my priority.
Therefore, when belonging is hinged on conformity and immersion into your plan, it is you who make render it very hard to belong. When we get labeled for how we conform, or not, to your vision or plan,  it is you who make it very hard to belong.  Much manipulation takes place there.

No comments: