"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

There Is A Savage Savage Greed In Our Genes (Farley Mowat - Canadian Author)

"I think,  that there is a blind greed, a savage savage greed that is in our genes. The best that we can do with it is mask it. And that is what a lot of writers, including myself, I think,  have been doing, without realizing it. We tend to act as apologists for our own species. We tend to mask our detrimental aspects. And most of us don't ever realize that we are: I can't say we are being used, because who is it that is using us? We are using ourselves or abusing ourselves for the good of mankind, the apparent good, leading to the ultimate destruction, not only of our own species, but of many other species too.... It's confused, and I am confused."
(Farley Mowat ). Interview

No comments: