"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

How Has Being Kidnapped My Ak Qaeda Changed Your Life ?

Wow, is all I can say over this quote...... There is so much I would like to wrote and say after reading this ........

"On occasion I am asked how the experience has changed my outlook on life. The answer is, superficially, hardly at all. More profoundly, perhaps a little more so, although that is not terribly evident in my day-to-day behaviour. In the wretched months described in this book I didn’t really believe that I would be given a chance to answer this question, but I convinced myself that if I did, everything would be different. But it wasn’t and isn’t. I’m fortunate to be among those who have suffered such experiences without becoming afflicted with post-traumatic stress disorder—at least, not so far—but I regret that I’ve seen most of my good intentions dissipate over the months following my release. I’m ashamed to find myself muttering about the driving habits of the guy in front of me, or how long it takes to get served at the post office, but those reactions are more rote than real. Nevertheless, as perhaps has become all too evident, I no longer have any time for political correctness and circumlocution. I am appalled by the extent to which our contemporary lives are attention disordered, informed by valueless priorities, and affected by posturing, visionless politicians, by shallow media, and by our pervasive ignorance of history and the world around us. So, yes, I’ve become a grumpy old man. I now find it more difficult to share the pet peeves of friends and members of my family. But nothing is more important to me than those people. My friend Allan Gotlieb talks of QTR (quality time remaining), and the nurturing of mine has become a lot more important than ever it was. Now it is mostly about spending it well with my family and those close friends. I doubt that, absent this searing experience, I would have understood this to the extent I do now. I know with surprising confidence that every day is a gift and should be honoured as such and fearlessly, triumphantly celebrated."
(Robert Fowler. A Season In Hell: My 130 Days In The Sahara With All Qaeda)

No comments: