"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Bono on Poverty

"Two men to sleep beside each other on a long journey into Africa,.... One is fairly clean shaven, paper strewn around him. Mate black suit, eyes slightly hollow from no sleep, thoughts too big even for his big head. The other is a more bohemian mess. Unshaven, unkempt, he can't just have been up for days, his boyish face says years..... That's me. Let me introduce myself. My name is Bono and I am the rock star student. The man with me is Jeffrey D. Sachs, the great economist, and for a few years now my professor. In time, is autograph will be worth a lot more than mine." (Bono's forward in the book, "The End Of Poverty: Economic Possibilities For Our Time". Jeffery Sachs)

No comments: