"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Vote for Dispensable Leadership

"In a day when top leaders are seen as indispensable, I have ambition to be the very opposite. I have come to believe that the real role of a leader who has died to self is to equip others so that he or she is no longer necessary. If I do my job right, even my role will no longer be needed."
(Neil Cole. Organic Leadership. 2009, Baker books, pg 275)


AJR The Roaming Nomad

No comments: