"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Are You Consuming Your Church? Sanctioned Inactivity

I need to know more, I need to learn more, I need to grow up more, I need to become more comfortable with....., I need....... I need...... I need..... and never get around to serving.

We actually provide people with a Sanctioned Inactivity in Church today.When
2 Peter 1:3 says : " His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness..."
Notice the past tense here. We have already been given everything we need. We don't need anything more to serve. That total provision was given to us the day we were saved as the Holy Spirit (God) came to reside in side of us. Certainy we ned to grow "more and more" (DO a NIV search) but the seeds are planted and growing.


If you knew enough to accept Jesus, we now know enough to share how to accept him with others. The silly excuses we make. It's not a lack of anything other than a lack of will, or desire, or obedience, or love, that keeps us from missional living. I know this is true, because I have been there too.

If you have Jesus you have his mission. Can't have one or the other. Package deal.


"Consumerism is based on the belief that I can’t help others until I help myself, that my own wants and needs trump the needs of others"


(Tangible Kingdom. Hugh Halter, pg 151. 2008, Jossey-Bass)

No comments: