"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Thursday, June 10, 2010

No Time for You!

"Hey, mister would you stop being a minister long enough to give us a hand?"

Little kid with bike problems said this to a Priest. Forward for Organic Church (Neil Cole) written by Leonard Sweet.

Not sure the Church is smart enough to let most ministers have time to connect and be helpful with lost or needy people. They are kept far too busy managing the stuff, unfortunately.

My life and ministry are now centered more on connecting/relating where Kingdom normally is not found. That is why I bother a lot of church people lately.

"For whatever reason, the church at large has theologized the idea of personal holiness to exclude normal interaction with the world"
Hugh Halter in Tangible Kingdom


"Consumerism holds some aspect of entitlement ('This church should provide....; this leader should provide....')" Hugh Halter Tangible Kingdom

"Consumerism is based on the belief that I can't help others until I help myself, that my own wants & needs trump the needs of others." Hugh Halter Tangible Kingdom

A new wine skin is needed for ministry in this place!

"I've learned that if I stay in my office to study, nothing happens" Tangible Kingdom Hugh Halter

No comments: