"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sissy!

During a thunder storm a young boy called to his mother. She came and he asked her if she could sleep in his Bed tonight. The mother explained that the storm is passing, God is with you, and I will be in the next room, so you don’t need to be afraid. He insisted, “But I want you to sleep in my bed”. The Mom explained, “Dear, I have to sleep in Dad’s bed, with your daddy.”, as she leaned over and kissed him on the forehead. He mumbled unhappily, “The Big Sissy!”

No comments: