"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mexican Terrorists in Spain?

No kidding here.

One of my boys was speaking to grade 11 female friend who will be traveling to Spain at some point in the future. She expressed her worry & concern over the trip. Inquiring as to the sources of the hesitation, he was told by said female 11th grader that she was worried about all the Mexican terrorists crossing the border into Spain.

My son laughed and informed the girl that Mexico was not next to Spain, and in fact, it is not even on the same continent. She said to him “I think you better learn your geography Homeschool Kid”.

Ted explained that Spain is under France and next to Portugal.

She replied “I don’t think so! Is France near Mexico?”

“No!”, was sons reply. “

Where is Mexico then?”, was the returning question.

Ask me why I homeschool!

No comments: