"When you begin to think outside the box, you often become some other "leaders" lousy follower. That usually costs something" (Andy Rayner)

"Our guardian angels are bored." (Mike Foster)

It's where I feel I'm at these days. “In the second half of life, it is good just to be a part of the general dance. We do not have to stand out, make defining moves, or be better than anyone else on the dance floor. Life is more participatory than assertive, and there is no need for strong or further self-definition” (Falling Upward. Richard Rohr.120).

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Warrior Kills Steve's Dad, Becomes Beleiver Trained by Steve!

"After Mincaye pulled the hurting woman’s abscessed tooth, he gently held her head in his hands and prayed that God would heal her heart. I had been holding the woman’s jaw in hopes that my added support would help Mincaye keep from breaking her jaw. When Mincaye held her face to pray, his hands were covering my own.

I looked at those gentle hands and realized that those were the same hands that once drove spears into my precious Dad’s body. I love those hands transformed, like my own, by the touch of the Master Surgeon’s hands." (Mincaye, a Waodani Warrior - killed Steve’s Dad. He became a Christian and was taught by Steve to do dental missions)A Warrior Kills Steve's Dad, Becomes Beleiver Trained by Steve!

(“Social Action & Evangelism Don’t Compete, They Complement”, Steve Saint “Mission Frontiers”, September –October 2007, 29:5, Page 18)

No comments: